When it comes to weight loss specifically calories matter, this is true, however hormones matter more. Almost everyone who struggles with their weight is also battling a hormone imbalance.
Most diets don’t work for women. Why? The answer is simple, these “diets” fail to address the hormonal root causes like excess cortisol, insulin resistance, estrogen dominance and of course, a sluggish thyroid. These are the most common causes of weight loss resistance.
When it comes to our health, hormones and the gut microbiome have a much bigger effect than many people realize. In fact, an imbalance in these two factors can destroy health even if diet, lifestyle, supplements etc are optimized.
Conversely, regulating hormones and fixing dysbiosis in the gut microbiome has the power to super charge health, regulate hormones, optimise changes body composition, clear skin, increase mood and cognitive function, cure autoimmune conditions, aid in sleep and digestive issues, increase longevity and so much more.
Hormones are your body’s chemical messengers. They travel in your bloodstream to tissues and organs. They work slowly, over time, and affect many different processes, including metabolism, sexual function, reproduction, mood and much more.
Hormonal imbalances occur when there is too much or too little of a hormone in the bloodstream. Because of their essential role in the body, even small hormonal imbalances can cause side effects throughout the body. Hormonal imbalances can also occur when the endocrine glands are not functioning properly.
Endocrine glands are specialized cells that produce, store, and release hormones into the blood. There are several endocrine glands located throughout the body that control different organs, including the:
- adrenal glands
- gonads (testis and ovaries)
- pineal gland
- pituitary gland
- hypothalamus gland
- thyroid and parathyroid glands
- pancreatic islets
The following are symptoms of hormonal imbalances:
- lack of energy and motivation
- insomnia and restlessness
- worry, excess stress and anxiety
- compulsive eating, overeating and sugar addiction
- weight gain or not being able to lose weight when dieting
- insulin resistance
- water retention
- loss of sex drive.
What you’ll receive:
- Nutrition Plan and Supplement protocol specifically tailored to your unique hormonal issues, your needs and goals.
- Food Lists, Food Swap Tables and Nutrition Explanations for easy changes
- Lifestyle protocols and tips to eliminate stress and keep hormones balanced.
- Fortnightly Check Ins and Updates to meal plans, supplements and vitamins
- 24/7 Email Support